BERNARD MIZEKI COLLEGE caters for about 450 boys and has made immeasurable contribution in educating and brightening prospects and destinies of thousands of students who have been fortunate to be associated with the college. The college?s educational achievements are evident across the spectrum of the economy and indeed across all corners of the world.
The first school established in Marondera was the Anglican Mission School at St Bernard?s Mission, some 13 kilometres from Marondera Town, in 1891. Since then there has been a strong Anglican influence on the schools of Marondera. This mission continued for 70years until it grew into something larger as explained in this account.
The two schools (the college for secondary education, the school for primary) were under the same Board of Governors. The schools were heavily aided by the Ministry of African Education of Southern Rhodesia Government. Planned expansion was slowed down for a time by the lack of financial Support, but by 1963 the number of pupils reached 180 in the College and 140 in the school.